Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 2--Going Strong

Yesterday was my first full day of cleansing and it went surprisingly well. The salt water flush left me queasy and doubtful as to the brilliance of this plan. But, it did fill me up and squash any desire for breakfast. I was even more discouraged when I found out I had used less than half of the right amount of salt. Yikes. This morning I upped it to 1 teaspoon and it actually went down easier. Holding my nose might have helped. But, my stomach didn't feel queasy at all.
The most surprising thing is my lack of hunger. If I start to feel a little hungry, I take a shot of lemonade and instantly I feel a little bolt of energy and I am satisfied. I don't feel hungry, but I do miss tasting stuff. But, I just remind myself that I am only doing this for ten days and all the food in the world is not disappearing before then. That seems to help. I feel content that I feel myself gaining power over food, rather than the reverse that has been true for some time. I know that when this cleanse is over and I start eating again I will have greater strength in the face of temptation, because I have proven to myself that I don't need to chew to be happy. I am also enjoying the release of stress because I don't have to think about what I am going to eat. There is a certain degree of liberty found in the lack of choices. I am using this time to plan and think about how I will approach food when this experience is over. I have nine more days to go, but so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment